Monday, June 4, 2012

Redd's Smokehouse Update!!!
     First, I want to apologize for not posting in quite some time.  I got a job teaching third grade and have been kept busying with my first year of teaching.  I hope that the summer will allow me to get back into blogging and sharing the different restaurants in the greater Carlisle and Harrisburg area. Now back to what I wanted to tell you all about.
     Redd's Smokehouse food truck is no more.  You used to be able to find the nice little truck in a parking lot, but no more.  Now if you want to get that amazing southern-style you need to head on down to 109 North Hanover St. (which used to be the BLD Diner).  It is right next to Market Cross Pub so it is hard to miss it (I will be talking about the Pub in a future post).
     The restaurant is not fancy by any stretch of the imagination but it is perfect for what they do.  The door to get in is a little confusing and if you pick the wrong one you will be in an apartment building (it is fun to sit where you can see the door and watch people struggle).  Once through the door, head to the back of the restaurant where a cheerful cashier will ask you want.  Take time to look at the menu posted on the wall, they have some new choices that were available at their old location.  These new items  include cornbread, which contains pieces of pork that explode in your mouth, collard greens, corn kernels, and mac and cheese.  I know I am missing some of them, but since my visit last week I can't remember the rest.  They also have a new spicy bbq sauce that is great on everything.  Another change that is new is the way they do the sauces now.  Instead of them putting them on for you like they did at the food truck, YOU are now the Sauce Boss. Your food comes out without any sauce on it.  The bottles of sauce are on the table and you can control how much or how little you want.
     My stand by is still the BBQ Sampler because I love the way they prepare the different meats.  The meat literally falls off the bones of the ribs, the chicken melts in your mouth (no joke it really does ask my girlfriends sister I was talking about it for days) and the pulled pork is to die for.  Since they added the mac and cheese I have been getting that, but I can't get away from their amazing "real" baked beans.
     Last, but not least by a long shot is their BYOB policy.  They have fountain sodas and tea if you like, but there is nothing like a nice, ice cold Yuengling to pair with the amazing BBQ feast.  And with Market Cross Pub right next door, if you forget to bring your own just run over and grab a six pack of the many different varieties.
    Special thanks to you guys for sticking around and reading.  Again I want to say I'm sorry for being away so long and I appreciate your loyal support.
Taste Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment